The free Update 2.0 for Cyberpunk 2077 is available on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S!
This update changes many things in the game, like how the police work and how character abilities work. It also fixes some problems. If you have the game on PC or the newest game consoles, you can get this update for free.
On September 26th, there will be more stuff coming for people who own the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion!
You can still play your old saved games, but it’s better to start a new game to enjoy all the changes fully. If you have Phantom Liberty, you can start a new game with a character who’s already strong.
You should remove any mods you have for the game until they get updated because old mods might cause problems.
The game now needs to be on a fast SSD drive to work well, not on a slower HDD or SD card.
If your computer doesn’t meet the new requirements, the game might not work well. You can also go back to the old version of the game if you want.
There are a lot of changes in this update, too many to list here, but we’ve shared some of the most important ones below:
- The police will chase you if you break the law, and the type of police that come after you will depend on how bad your crimes are.
- You can now fight while driving a car and shoot the tires of other cars.
- Enemies are smarter and react better to what you do.
- You can do more things with hacking in the game.
PERKS & SKILLS
- The way character abilities work has changed a lot. You’ll have fewer abilities, but they’ll have a bigger impact on how you play.
- The skills in the game have been combined into five categories, and you can level them up to be stronger.
- Your character’s armor mostly comes from cyberware now, not from the clothes you wear.
- You can upgrade your cyberware.
- Some cyberware needs specific skills to use.
- Some special weapons now work differently.
- You can do a special animation when you equip your weapon.
- New weapons and mods are available.
- Cars on the road drive better and respond to what you do.
- You can buy cars from special terminals now.
- You can adjust the camera and controls for driving.
BALANCE & ECONOMY
- The difficulty of the game depends on your level.
- Weapons do different damage based on their quality.
- Loot and items in the game are more balanced.
- There are new radio stations in the game with new music.
- The game’s menus and interfaces have been improved to make them easier to use.
- You can change the size of the in-game map.
- There are fixes for people who play the game on widescreen monitors.
- Many bugs and issues with quests have been fixed.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- The game should be more stable and run better.
- There are new mini-games, secrets, and scenes in the game.
- You can change your character’s tattoos at certain places.
- You can choose different control settings for your controller.
- Apartments give smaller bonuses now.
- The game is available in Ukrainian.
- The game’s requirements have changed, and you need to have a fast SSD drive.
- There’s support for NVIDIA DLSS 3.5 and AMD SMT for better graphics and performance.
- On Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, the game looks better in Performance Mode.
These are just some of the highlights. There are many more improvements and fixes in this update, so go check them out for yourself
Image Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/features/poll-are-you-playing-cyberpunk-2077-update-2-0#enlarge