here’s a summary of important details ahead of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023:
- The tournament will follow the same format as the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
- The 10 participating teams will play each other once in a round-robin format.
- The top four teams in the points table will advance to the semi-finals.
- The top-ranked team will face the fourth-ranked team in one semi-final, while the second and third-ranked teams will compete in the other semi-final.
- The winners of the semi-finals will meet in the final on 20th November.
Points Needed for Semi-finals:
- In the 2019 edition, seven victories out of nine matches were typically enough to secure a semi-final spot.
- Teams with six wins might be in a precarious position.
How Teams Qualified:
- India qualified as hosts, and the next seven teams were decided based on their finishing positions in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League.
- The bottom five teams went on to the Cricket World Cup Qualifier, while the top eight progressed to the Cricket World Cup.
- The total prize money for the tournament is $10 million.
- The winner of the tournament will receive $4 million, and the runner-up will get $2 million.
- Teams will also earn $40,000 for each group stage win.
- There are 10 venues for the 2023 Cricket World Cup, from Dharamsala in the north to Bangalore and Chennai in the south.
- The Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad will host the opening match, the India vs. Pakistan fixture, and the final.
- Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru is known for its smaller boundaries, and high scores are expected there.
- M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai will host five games, including the first matches for Australia and India.
- Eden Gardens in Kolkata, with its lively pitch and breezy conditions, will host crucial matches, including one of the semi-finals.
- Other venues include HPCA Stadium in Dharamsala, Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi, BRSABVE Cricket Stadium in Lucknow, Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, MCA International Stadium in Pune, and Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Both semi-finals and the tournament final will have reserve days in case of rain or other disruptions.
- Tickets for some Cricket World Cup fixtures are available, and more may become available for the general public.
- For details on ticket availability, you can visit tickets.cricketworldcup.com/explore/c/icc-cricket-world-cup.
Fixtures and Live Scores:
- You can find information about all the matches and live scores on the official Cricket World Cup website at www.cricketworldcup.com/fixtures.
- All teams will play two warm-up matches each beginning on 29th September. You can find the fixtures and live scores at www.cricketworldcup.com/fixtures/warm-ups.
The tournament promises exciting cricket action at various iconic venues, with substantial prize money at stake. Cricket fans around the world are eagerly awaiting the start of this prestigious event on 5th October.
Image Source: https://sportslens.com/news/icc-cricket-world-cup-2023-schedule-teams-dates-times-tv-coverage-how-to-watch/